Free Business Grant Search
New Forest District Council have access to a service which allows local businesses to identify funding schemes available to them quickly, efficiently and for FREE.
With new grants, awards and tax credits becoming available constantly, it can be very difficult to keep a track of what is available at any given time. To combat these difficulties, this site will provide an accurate and up to date database to help your business grow and develop.
The database will allow for funding schemes to be matched to your business based on company size, location, turnover and required assistance. The site contains details of around 250 grants so there could well be funding available for your business. Upon submitting your search, you'll receive a detailed breakdown of the scheme with full details of the awarding bodies.
There are two ways in which the service can be accessed. Firstly be calling 023 8020 6162 and outlining your business needs, and secondly by visiting the GrantNet website and running a search.
New Forest RDPE (Leader) Programme
- This European funding stream forms part of the Rural Development Programme for England provides support for farmers, foresters, rural businesses and community facilities.
- The programme can provide funding for the installation of renewable energy technologies on farms, forestry holdings or within community buildings.
- The minimum grant is £2,000 and the maximum grant £50,000, but funds are close to running out now as the programme closes in 2013.
- There is a two stage application process which consists of a shorter expression of interest followed by a longer full application.
- Applications are appraised by the Local Action Group - a group of 22
members drawn from private businesses (including people involved in forestry, farming and other land-based rural businesses), the public sector and voluntary/community organisations within the New Forest.
For further information visit the New Forest RDPE Leader website or contact
New Forest LEADER Programme Manager
New Forest District Council
Tel: 023 8028 5368
New Forest National Park Authority Sustainable Development Fund
- The New Forest National Park Authority's Sustainable Development Fund is a grant scheme aimed at encouraging sustainable ways of enjoying and living within the New Forest National Park.
- Individuals, businesses, organisations and community groups are all eligible to apply.
- Businesses can apply for up to 40% of the project costs up to a maximum of £20,000 - £25,000.
- For further information, contact the Sustainable Development Officer on 01590-646676, or e-mail Andy.Brennan@newforestnpa.gov.uk or visit the website www.newforestnpa.gov.uk
- BCA is a new scheme offered by the business support provider, Boost Capital
- The scheme is designed to provide fast, flexible financing to small business owners who require funds quickly but do not wish to use traditional sources such as bank loans.
- The scheme is intended to support those businesses that are in their growth phase and wish to expand operations.
- Business owners who accept credit and debit cards as a form of payment can qualify for between £3,000 and £500,000. All funding advances are repaid through a fixed percentage of the company's credit / debit card sales. A fixed daily settlement value will be recovered until the repayment is made in full.
- The money can be used to invest in new equipment, stock, marketing, remodelling, staff, expansion and other business demands.
- To qualify, merchants must have a minimum of £3,000 monthly credit / debit card sales and be in business for at least 9 months.
For further information visit the website www.boostcapital.co.uk
Aspire Investment Fund:
- This is a £25 million investment fund for women-led businesses, jointly funded by the Government and the private sector.
- The Fund is aimed at high growth businesses seeking an investment of between £100,000 and £2 million to help finance growth.
- For more information visit the website on www.capitalforenterprise.gov.uk
Charity Bank - Loan Finance
- Charity Bank offers loan finance and advice to enable community businesses and social enterprises to grow.
- Typical loans range from £50,000 to £2 million.
- For further details visit the website www.charitybank.org
Community Business Loan Fund
- The Royal Bank of Scotland supports community-based businesses such as social enterprises and co-operatives, as well as business activity that has a positive impact on society.
- The CBLF has been set up to help potential and existing social entrepreneurs who are unable to access finance through the normal mainstream channels. The Fund offers loans of between £30,000 to £500,000 for the purpose of starting or expanding a community-based business.
- For further information visit RBS Community Business Loan
Hampshire County Council Village Community Grant Scheme
- This scheme is a joint initiative between Hampshire County Council, Community Action Hampshire and the Hampshire Association of Local Councils.
- The scheme is specifically aimed at helping increase the use of village shops and support the creation of new community-led village stores.
- Grants of up to a maximum of £20,000 are available.
- The funding is targeted primarily to communities with populations of less than 5,000.
- Independent retailers need to be the sole shop in the settlement to be eligible.
- For further details e-mail http://www3.hants.gov.uk/business/rural-initiatives/villagegrant.htm or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org